Proteomics and Mass Spectrometry Facility
The UMKC Biological Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics Facility offers protein identification and post-translational modification (PTM) analysis in support of UMKC's biochemistry and biology research labs and the greater UM system. Services are offered to external research institutions as well.
Research support is complemented with a high priority placed on education, providing hands-on training with 2D gel separation, sample preparation methods, and MS analysis. Training on the mass spectrometers is provided, as well as analysis strategies using the protein identification programs Mascot and Sequest.
Facility Director: J. Andrew Keightley, Ph.D.
- Description of services and pricing information
- Sample submission form
- Guidelines for submitting samples
- Protein identification by LC-tandem MS
- Post-translational modification analysis
- MALDI analysis
- Custom capillary column packing
- Thermo Finnigan LTQ linear ion trap, equipped with Proxeon nanospray source.
- Eksigent splitless binary nano-LC with autosampling, connected to the LTQ.
- Voyager DE Pro MALDI MS.
- Finnigan LCQ classic ion trap MS, with nanospray source.
- Bio-Rad Proteomeworks gel imager/cutter (flourescent dye compatible).
- Genomic Solutions ProPrep automated sample processor.