SCHOOL OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Qualifications for admission as a M.S. or Ph.D. student
- A baccalaureate degree in biology, chemistry, physics or related discipline, and a 3.0 grade point average (3.2+ expected).
- Three letters of recommendation from those familiar with the student's academic and intellectual capabilities.
- A minimum GRE Aptitude Test score of 1000 (out of a maximum of 1600) on the verbal and quantitative tests is expected, in combination with a score 4 (out of a maximum of 6) for the analytical writing test. The subject test is optional. These tests should be taken as early as possible so that the results will be available by February 15 of the year of anticipated matriculation.
- International applicants whose native language is not English must pass the TOEFL examination with a minimum score of 550/213/79 (paper/computer/Internet) though 600/250/100 or higher is preferred.
- For all international students, a score of 4.0 on the Test of Written English (TWE) of TOEFL is required.
Admissions to the M.A. in Biology for the nurse anesthetist certificate is limited to 10 new students per year. Admission is made directly to the School of Nurse Anesthesia, Truman Medical Center. Additional information can be obtained online at the CRNA Website or by email at TmcAnes@tmcmed.org