SCHOOL OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Graduate Programs Overview
The School of Biological Sciences has an outstanding faculty and research environment that supports a strong emphasis in research-based graduate degrees. We offer exceptional research facilities and graduate students experience immediate immersion in laboratory research beginning in their first semester. The school offers a low faculty to student ratio allowing individual attention to graduate students. We encourage interdisciplinary research across multiple laboratoies and provide a broad spectrum of biological research disciplines.
- The doctoral programs in the School are part of UMKC's Interdisciplinary Ph.D. program.
- The two Divisions in the School, Cell Biology and Biophysics (CBB) and Molecular Biology and Biochemistry (MBB), organize the faculty in the two disciplines.
Master of Science in Cell & Molecular Biology
- The M.S. degree in CMB is offered in several variations:
- Research M.S. degree with emphasis in Cell or Molecular Biology.
- Research M.S. degree with a Bioinformatics emphasis.
- Non-research M.S. degree. (This is the only degree variant that can be done on a part-time basis.)
Master of Arts in Biology
- This degree is linked to a specialized clinical program that leads to the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) certificate.
- This program is linked to the School of Nurse Anesthesia at The Truman Medical Center.
Contact Information for all programs:
Graduate Programs Office
School of Biological Sciences, Room 114 BSB
University of Missouri-Kansas City
5007 Rockhill Road
Kansas City, MO 64110-2499