Review by Jakob H. Waterborg: Dynamics of Histone Acetylation in vivo. A Function for Histone Acetylation? Reprint: Biochemistry and Cell Biology, 80, 363-378 (2002)
Alfalfa Medicago sativa as a homogeneous 'plant' in tissue culture (A2 cells M. varia)
The yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- S. cerevisiae has the highest level of histone acetylation known, but to see all histone acetylation present one should take precautions! See: J. Biol. Chem. 275, 13007 (2000)
- Histone acetylation in S. cerevisiae is fast! See: Biochemistry 40, 2599-2605 (2001)
- To see immediately how FAST acetylation turnover is, you can look at some slides presented at the 21th Annual West Coast Chromatin and Chromosomes Meeting, Asilimar Conference Center, Pacific Grove CA, December 16-19, 1999.
Chlamydomonas as a Simple 'Plant' model system
The Evolution of Replacement Histone H3 Genes
- When did Replacement Histone H3 genes (with introns) arise in plants ?
- Are replication and Replacement histone H3 variant proteins equivalent in nucleosome transcription, stability, assembly ?
Going GAGA over polyPyrimidine motivs in Replacement histone H3 genes
Do plants have transcription factors like the Drosophila GAGA factor that displace nucleosomes to facilitate gene transcription ?
Past and Present Projects
- Review on the Function of Dynamic Acetylation.
- Dynamics of Histone Acetylation in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. References (1999-present, UMKC)
- Histone Acetylation and Synthesis in Alfalfa and other Higher Plants. References (1990-present, UMKC)
- Histone Acetylation and Synthesis in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. References (1995-present, UMKC)
- Cloning and Characterization of Histone H3 Genes in Alfalfa. References (1995-1997, UMKC)
- Histone Acetylation in Alfalfa. References (1984-1988, UNReno)
- Histone Acetylation in the Cell Cycle of Physarum polycephalum. References (1980-1983, UCDavis)
- Method papers. References (1984-present)
- Analysis of Replication Origins in Physarum. References (1983-1984, U Sussex, UK)
- Nucleases in Physarum polycephalum, Ph.D. Dissertation. References (1975-1980, U Nijmegen, NL)
(Last updated on August 5, 2000)
© 1997 Jakob Waterborg. E-mail <WaterborgJ@umkc.edu>