Discover how UMKC offers students the best of two unique worlds.
The School of Biological Sciences offers the personalized attention and one-on-one student support of a small college with the benefits of a large university.
Our urban location sets us apart because it offers students a chance to be close to premier internships, career opportunities and resources. We use location to our advantage when it comes to drawing scientific speakers, professionals and leaders to campus. Local businesses offer our students career-oriented part-time jobs and resources to help jump start your career. UMKC also attracts the nation’s top professors and researchers looking for a larger city to call home.
Outside of class, Kansas City is alive with restaurants, art galleries, concert venues, professional sports teams, world-renown museums, parks and a sprawling system of walking and biking trails.
- Boxy dorms don’t cut it. UMKC’s suite-style residence halls and apartments were all built since 2006.
- Find your niche. UMKC offers everything from academic and leadership development organizations to Greek life. More than 250 student organizations keep students busy and meeting people from all majors.
- We love state-of-the-art: Our library has a robot, the Student Union is LEED gold-certified and we put $7 million into the Atterbury Student Success Center.
- Looking for stress relief? How about a scuba class in our indoor/outdoor pool? Or tai chi or boxing in one of our training centers?
- UMKC includes diversity, inclusiveness and respect in the university’s core values.